I hope that all patients enjoy their new dentures and have found them to be comfortable and attractive. Taking proper care of dentures will ensure you will be satisfied with them. I wanted to send along some tips on how to properly care for your new dentures.
• Dentures are very delicate and can break if dropped even a few inches onto a hard surface. Be sure to handle them with care!
• When inserting or removing your dentures, stand over a folded towel or a sink filled with water.
• When you’re not wearing your dentures, store them away from curious children or pets.
• Daily brushing will help remove food deposits and plaque and help prevent your artificial teeth from becoming permanently stained.
• Avoid hard-bristled toothbrushes that can damage your dentures.
• A toothbrush made specifically for denture cleaning is best, but a soft-bristled toothbrush can also be used.
• To clean your dentures, rinse off loose particles. Moisten the brush and apply the cleanser that I have recommended and gently brush every surface of the denture.
• Don’t let your dentures dry out or they might lose their shape.
• When you are not wearing them, place dentures in a denture cleanser soaking solution or in plain water. NEVER soak dentures in hot water because this can cause them to warp. NEVER apply denture cleansers while dentures are still in the mouth.
• Look for denture soaking solutions that display the ADA Seal of Acceptance, a symbol of safety and effectiveness.
Now that you’ve been fitted with your dentures it is important to schedule regular visits with us to make sure that they continue to fit. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (740) 474-4396. As always, it is a pleasure to provide you with quality dental care.